We just finished our road trip which took us through Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Maryland, Washington D.C., Ohio and then back to Minnesota. Along the way, we were so blessed to visit family, YWAM colleagues & alumni, friends, supporters, YWAM D.C. (David’s Tent), and 3 college campuses (potentials for Tim). Tom shared about YWAM at one of our supporting churches and attended a board meeting for YWAM Akron. Along the 2,500+ mile journey, we also:
- Stood in Billy Graham’s pulpit
- Touched the desks of C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien
- Marveled at the view from the nation’s tallest building
- Paid respects at Gettysburg
- Sighted the Amish
- Endured dental appointments
- Viewed our nation’s founding documents
- Toured the monuments of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King, Jr, and Franklin Roosevelt around the mall in Washington DC
- Witnessed senators debate gun control from the gallery
- Prayed for justice at the doors of the Supreme Court building
- Toured FBI HQ
- Saw the first airplane
It was a memorable time of seeing so much of our national and spiritual heritage and connecting with so many wonderful people.
Now that we are back in Minnesota, Tim is doing an internship to fulfill his high school requirements for graduation.